Yanmar 3JH40 4 Stroke Marine Diesel Engine Inboard
Click Image for Gallery
Yanmar 3JH40 40 HP Diesel Engine Marine 4-Stroke Vertical Water Cooled Inboard
WINNER OF THE MIAMI 2018 INNOVATION AWARD FOR THE INBOARD ENGINE CATEGORY.
YANMAR introduces the 3JH40 as the world’s smallest common rail inboard marine diesel engine in displacement, dimensions, and weight.
The 3-cylinder 3JH40, with an output of 40 mhp, will enable a whole new category of smaller leisure boat owners and commercial vessel operators to benefit for the first time from the efficiency and performance advantages associated with the most recent electronically-managed CR fuel-injection technology.
With an output of 40 MHP @ 3000 rpm (29.4 kW @ 3000 rpm), the 3JH40 is the smallest common rail inboard marine diesel in:
Through common rail technology, the 3JH40 offers minimal fuel consumption and exceptionally low noise and emission levels, exceeding EPA Tier 3 and EU RCD Tier 2 emission regulations for virtually smoke and odor-free operation.
The 4-stroke, water-cooled 3JH40 is an ideal solution for new builds and repowering applications, specifically monohull sailing yachts and catamarans up to 45ft, small motor boats or sloops, and light duty commercial craft.
Displacement, with only 3 cylinders measuring 1.642 L (100 cu in
Physical size, measuring 774 x 580 x 632mm
Weight, measuring 192kg without gear
- Configuration: 4-stroke, vertical, water-cooled diesel engine
- Maximum output at crankshaft*: 29.4 kW@3000 rpm [40 mhp@3000 rpm]
- Displacement: 1.642 L [100 cu in]
- Bore x stroke: 88 mm x 90 mm [3.46 in x 3.45 in]
- Cylinders: 3 in-line
- Combustion system: Direct injection with Bosch common rail system
- Low idle rpm: 800 rpm
- Aspiration: Naturally aspirated
- Starting sytem: Electric starting 12V – 1.4 kW
- Alternator: Valeo 12V - 125A
- Cooling system: Fresh water cooling by centrifugal fresh water pump Seawater cooling by rubber impeller seawater pump
- Lubrication system: Enclosed, forced lubricating system
- Direction of rotation [crankshaft]: Counterclockwise viewed from stern
- Dry weight without gear**: 192 kg [423lbs]
- Emission compliance EU: RCD 2, BSO II, EMC US: EPA Tier 3
- Engine mounting: Rubber type flexible mounting
- Factory Warranty: 2 + 3 Years Extended Warranty
Standard Package Include:
- Exhaust mixing elbow [L-type]
- Alternator 12V - 125A
- B25 panel
- Oil sensor for instrument panel
- Mechanical throttle sensor
- Set of flexible engine mounts
- Fuel pre-filter with water separator
- Fresh water expansion tank
- Belt safety cover
- Engine topcover for protection
- Operation manual
- Choice Of Transmissions: KM35P [parallel], KM35A [down angle: 7º, Saildrive SD60
Factory Warranty Begins on Date of Purchase.